All posts are written by Amber Dennis unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cafe Pistachio!

What at first glance looks like a weird pistachio driven deli disguised as a cafe is actually Cafe Pistachio, a friendly place to grab a cup of coffee and any snack your heart might desire(if that snack is within the normal cafe lexicon-don't ask for a bowl of chilled gummy bears or something like that).

Here's why I love it:

1. You walk in and hear the faint sounds of jazz which makes any consumer feel real classy.
2. It looks kinda like a Panera Bread which I'm 100% behind because I love Panera Bread and anything that reminds me of it.
3. The decor:standard, but I love it: plenty of beiges and browns, dark wooden tables, pictures of coffee cups floating in mid air tilted slightly to the right...it's great!
4. I have yet to have a full meal there, but I did have some delicious cookies and a bomb soy latte.
5. Tons of salads and sandwiches and drinks and cream stuffed, pistachio dipped apricots.
6. It's a straight up and down cafe that seems to be distinguishing itself through its simple, but delicious food. That's all good with me.


Here are some pictures of my exciting trip:


                     

So much salad you could knit a sweater. What an awful Porky's reference. I'm really sorry about that guys, but don't act like you haven't seen Porky's. You know who's in that movie? Kim Catrall. And you know what show she starred in? Sex and the City. And you know what city you live in? New York. So by the transitive property we all love Porky's and have seen it at least 100 times. But I digress, these salads look good.





























There was a cream filled apricot with pistachio on this plate too but Ania ate it before I could take the picture. ANIAAAAAAA!!!

 As as side note those two cookies look like eyes and that flower looks like a mouth, so it's kinda like I had a pleasant afternoon snack with a close friend, except that in this case I ate my friend and then blogged about it.

Cookies AND soy latte.



Bye Cafe Pistachio.

No comments:

Post a Comment